Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Special Apron


I wish I had taken a before and after pictures of this. I have had this cloth for many years. At one time, its original use was curtains in my grandmas house. My mom thinks they were there in the early 1960s. .

One of my neighbors is a great seamstress and I asked her what she thought about making this into an apron. Well she thought it was a great idea and took on the challenge. She went to a local fabric shop and found the fabric for the trim.
And yesterday this is what I received. I wish I had a better way to show it off - it is beautiful. The green material looks like it was made for it. I just love the long ties and the ruffle across the bottom. (It does sorta blend in with the chair fabric)

I dont plan on using it as the material is thin - but I just wanted a special way to display something special.

1 comment:

  1. Angela, I've seen aprons hung on the wall as a wall decoration. You can just use straight pins (I use those all the time instead of nails anyway). You can fan out the skirt, "arrange" the apron strings, etc. If you have a good wall in the kitchen it would look really cute.

    ReplyDelete