Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Brandon Heath - 'Not So Free' Free Brown Bag Concert

We all like Brandon Heath but one of my boys 'really' likes him. Last night at Chick-fil-A in Conroe, there was a KSBJ Brown Bag Concert. These are great FREE concerts. How could we pass up such a great opportunity.

Concert started at 630pm - we arrived around 515. There were only 5 other people sitting in the audience at that time and Brandon Health was doing a sound check. We got about a 15min mini-concert as a bonus. There were lots of front row seats available - oh no - my crew wants to sit in the middle. Mom put her foot down and said 3rd row was as far back as she would go - ha ha. These ended up being perfect seats as the front row people ended up covered by screaming teenage girls.

Well before the concert started, it became obvious I hadn't taken my husbands advice of blankets very seriously and my kiddos had not taken my advice for clothes seriously either. Luckily Target was in the same parking lot - one large fuzzy blanket was a necessary expense for sure!! Then the boys 'had' to have food as they ate all the snacks I had brought within the first 15 minutes. Luckily that was with their own money!!

But regardless of buying a new blanket, it was a really great concert. I dont know how many people were there but there were easily over 1000 people there. Next time though, I will listen to my dh. : )







4 comments:

  1. Hank may take a liking to that blanket, you better watch out, ha! Glad you guys had fun. I know that "certain" child was especially grinning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look pretty bundled up for Texans. Who is Brandon Heath?

    ReplyDelete
  3. MAN! I meant to go to that and totally forgot! Glad ya'll enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun Angela! Did you see Rebekah? She was there with some college friends. The kids are growing up so fast!

    Thanks for sharing that story. Too sweet!

    xo
    Donna

    ReplyDelete